Choc Chip Peanutbutter Nicecream Sandwich
#ad Jiminy Cricket how good are icecream sandwiches? They would have to be some of my absolute favourite treats on a hot day, and today just got even better because not only do I have a clean nicecream treat, it's also packed with hidden protein that fits my macros!
20g vanilla pea protein powder
10g oat flour or flour of choice
10g almond meal
80ml almond milk
10g dark chocolate, cut into chunks
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp granulated sweetener of choice
1. Preheat oven to 180°C
2. In a mixing bowl, add your dry ingredients and stir to combine.
3. Pour in the almond milk, and continue stirring.
4. Fold through the chocolate chips.
5. Separate mixture into two equal portions, place on a parchment lined baking sheet and place in the oven.
6. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until golden on top.
7. Let cool completely. (hot tip, make the cookies in advance and freeze them!
When it comes to your nicecream you can use any frozen fruit base you like - you can even use zucchini if you don't want all the extra sugars in banana or mango.
Simply take 1/2 cup of your frozen fruit of choice (I used banana, and a few chunks of pink dragon fruit to give it a light pink tinge. and blend with 2 tablespoons of almond milk until smooth and creamy.
Sandwich the nicecream between the cookies and enjoy!